The Lua Engineering department is a small team that makes a big impact. We rapidly iterate and participate in all aspects of the product from helping design features, triaging/troubleshooting issues, to code review and mentoring. We have a strong commitment to quality and understand that security, usability, and reliability are critical to the products we build. We are looking for a flexible, smart, and enthusiastic developer to help get start our new integration services to fill a new role at Lua. As our features and client base have grown, we need help managing a variety of integrations between the Lua application and our clients’ internal apps. This is a multi-faceted role which will include collaboration with the Client Success and Sales department.
At present, the integrations consist of:
- 3rd party message attachments
- Single Sign On
- Customer facing RESTful Web services
Who you are
- Excited about connecting and advancing our enterprise-scale solutions for new service offerings
- Experience building seamless integrations with third-parties to link their data to our existing and future products based on standardized formats
- Willing to own the external integration products to ensure scalability
- Happy to collaborate with third parties and internal teams
- Interested in implementing quality assurance testing standards and processes
What you will be doing
- Gather requirements and design specifications that result in the deliverables for customer solutions.
- Work with customer and the Lua Client Success teams to implement, enhance and maintain customer solutions.
- Work with the Engineering and Product teams to develop and improve Lua’s integration offerings.
- Assist Sales on pre-sales calls to help explain our capabilities
- Maintain technical customer facing documentation
- 3-5 years’ experience building, running, and deploying systems in a production environment
- Strong CS fundamentals from Bachelor’s in CS, engineering, related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience engaging with customers directly or indirectly by supporting sales or client success team.
- Significant experience and firm understanding of API designs, working with RESTful & SOAP web services, XML, JSON.
- Experience working with health care standards such as HL7
- Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
- Medical EHR/EMR integration experience is highly preferred
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and Active Directory integration
- Ideally experience or exposure to SAML v2, ADFS, OAuth, LDAP, Shibboleth
- Skilled in the transformation of data to and from various HL7 standard and non-standard message definitions
Lua is a HIPAA compliant, cross-platform messaging application built for healthcare organizations to communicate securely, maximize productivity, and accelerate workflow for better care coordination. Lua’s core is built in Ruby/Rails and runs on AWS (Amazon Web Services), with many of our performance-sensitive parts moving to a more modern Elixir/Phoenix stack. We have client apps running on Android, iOS, Web, and Windows & Mac desktops so that our customers can access Lua from anywhere.
Benefits and Perks: We have a fun work environment (think weekly lunches, regular social events, well-stocked pantry, and a top-notch crew of people). Our spacious office is conveniently located a few steps from Union Square. Other benefits include open PTO, medical/dental, 401K, weekly Engineering lunch & learn, team outings, and a true work/life balance.